Best Clippers for Matted Cat Fur: Grooming Equipment
This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
Long-haired cats need to be groomed regularly to avoid getting tangles in their fur. Let’s look at the best clippers for matted cat fur!
Cat grooming equipment is becoming increasingly popular, with a wide variety of options on the market. If you’re interested in clipping your cat’s fur, you’ll see full-size, midi, and mini clippers. You might also be interested in dematting brushes and rakes.
Let’s look at the best clippers for matted cat fur and discuss what to look for when buying clippers and other grooming equipment to use on a long-haired cat. The product we would like to recommend is the PATPET P920 Cordless Paws & Face Grooming Trimmer these fantastic clippers are quiet and easy to use. They produce a salon-quality finish, even for users without much clipping experience, and will save you $$$ on grooming.
The Benefits of Clipping Cats Fur
Although it may seem like an overwhelming task, there are many different benefits of clipping your cat’s fur that you should keep in mind. Some benefits include preventing hairballs, making the grooming process easier, and preventing mats. This is certainly true regarding long-haired cat breeds, like Maine Coons.
There are some cons to regular clipping that you may want to consider. Some cats may have trouble thermoregulating with less hair on their bodies. This means that they become cold or hot more easily than other breeds. If you’re concerned about your cat’s health and whether or not regular clipping could impact your pet, consult your vet.
Another reason cat owners may want to stick to clipping out mats rather than regularly clipping their cat’s entire coat is that their cat may negatively react to losing its fur. The cat may become visibly depressed or distressed, or they might struggle with the clipping process. If that’s the case, it’s simply easier to focus on removing one or two mats at a time.
Overall, there are far more benefits to clipping your long-haired cat’s fur regularly. Here are the three primary reasons to invest in regular haircuts and high-quality clippers for your cat:
If you choose to clip your cat’s fur regularly, you’ll benefit from the fact that you’ll stop mats before they appear. This may be a dealbreaker if your long-haired cat is particularly bad at self-grooming. Keeping your cat’s hair short prevents mats from appearing and makes the grooming process easier overall.
Another major reason you might clip your cat’s fur is to prevent hairballs. When a cat grooms, particularly a long-haired cat, they ingest some of their fur. This hair is regurgitated as a “hairball.”
While usually harmless, hairballs can be a nuisance around the house (especially if you have carpet or expensive rugs you want to take care of). Stepping in and cleaning up hairballs is a messy process that regular clipping can reduce.
For some cats, self-grooming isn’t an easy task. If you have an older cat, they may have trouble reaching all the spots they’d typically clean. The same can be said for a cat with very thick or long hair or one that is overweight.
Best Clippers for Matted Cat Fur
PATPET P920 Cordless Paws, Eyes, Ears, & Face Grooming Trimmer is an excellent product for those who want to keep their pets well-groomed. These clippers work well for removing matted fur and can be used on dogs as well as cats. The set contains two different sizes of ceramic cutter heads, so you can choose the one that best suits your pet’s needs. The smaller head is perfect for use between your cat’s toes and around his ears and face.
The LED power display lets you know when the trimmer is running low on battery, and the cordless design makes it easy to use. The ability to adjust cutter heads to control how short you cut your pet’s fur is a great feature, and the quiet operation with low-level vibrations is perfect for nervous pets.
The kit also contains an adapter, cleaning brush, oil, and a user manual, making it easy to keep the trimmer in good condition.
- The set contains two different sizes of ceramic cutter heads
- LED power display
- Safe and simple to use
- Ability to adjust cutter heads to control how short you cut your pet’s fur
- Quiet with low-level vibrations
- The kit also contains an adapter, cleaning brush, oil, and a users manual
- Great for cats and dogs
- Easy enough for a beginner to use
- Although these clippers have been designed to be quiet, there are some reports that owners are finding that they scare their cats.
The PATPET P730 clipper is great for grooming your dog or cat at home. It is quiet, safe, and easy to use, with minimal vibrations. The removable blade makes it easy to clean, and the ergonomically designed grip provides comfortable use.
The LED display shows the charge and oil level, and an alarm sounds when the power is low, or oil is required. The 4-level adjustable ceramic cutter head provides precise grooming, and the included combs, cleaning brush, and user manual make it easy to get started.
Here’s what one 4-star reviewer on Chewy has to say about the clippers:
“My timid cat tolerated it very well. He’s older and was full of mats. It made some cutting a bit difficult. But after working with them a bit and a few breaks, he looks great and feels so much better.”
- Can be used at three different speed levels (5500, 6000, or 7000 RPM)
- Lasts 5 hours when fully charged
- Charges in three hours
- Has an LED display that shows charge and an oil prompt
- Alarm sounds when the power is low, or oil is required
- Includes a 4-level adjustable ceramic cutter head
- Ergonomically designed grip for comfortable use
- The clippers are cordless
- Comes with a user manual, various sized combs, a cleaning brush, a user manual, and an oil bottle
- Quiet, safe, and easy to use
- Minimal vibrations
- Not suitable for larger breeds of dogs as they are not full-sized clippers; best for small breeds of dogs or cats.
- Beginners may struggle to cut through very matted fur.
- You may find that you need to stop and clean the fur away as you go to stop the clippers from getting clogged up.
The Casfuy Energy Saving Dog and Cat Clippers are designed to be used on all sizes of cats, dogs, and small pets. Its charge lasts for up to five hours, making it an excellent choice for extended grooming sessions.
The clipper also has an adjustable ceramic cutter head for cutting coats of different lengths. These clippers are easy to use, even for beginners.
Additionally, its two-stage speed regulation function ensures that you can find the perfect grooming speed for your pet. Plus, the LED power display lets you easily monitor charge levels.
The set contains: clipper with various combs (3, 6, 9, and 12mm), an adapter, a cleaning brush, oil bottle, and a user manual – everything you need to keep your pet looking great.
- Designed to be used on all sizes of cats, dogs, and small pets
- Charge lasts for up to five hours
- Comes with an adjustable ceramic cutter head for cutting coats of different lengths
- Two-stage speed regulation function
- Has an LED power display to monitor charge levels
- Set contains: clipper with various combs (3, 6, 9, and 12mm), an adapter, cleaning brush, oil bottle, and a user manual
- Good for removing mats
- Quiet enough not to scare your pet
- Be careful how you wash the clippers, as the body is not waterproof. You’ll need to follow the cleaning instructions to avoid waterlogging.
The Wahl Bravura Lithium Ion Cordless Dog & Cat Clipper Kit is a great choice for pet owners who want to save money on professional grooming services. The kit contains a lithium-ion battery that provides up to 90 minutes of run time and can be quickly charged in just 60 minutes.
The cordless clipper is also very easy to use, clean, and maintain. It is lightweight and easy to handle, making it an excellent choice for small pets and horses.
- Adjustable 5-in-1 blade technology (blade size blade to sizes #9, #10, #15, #30 and #40)
- Produces professional results at home
- Runs for up to 90 minutes
- Quick charge time of just 60 minutes
- Contains a lithium-ion battery
- Cordless, but can be plugged in and used during charging
- Can be used on cats, dogs, small pets, and even horses
- Speeds of up to 5500 RPM
- Quiet with low vibrations
- Very easy to use, clean, and maintain
- Lightweight and easy to handle
- Has a lower run time than many comparable products
- The blades need to be replaced fairly regularly
- The guards can be hard to get on and off
The Pet Republique Rechargeable Cordless Shaver Trimmer Kit with Clippers is a great value for money. It has a 10W motor that can trim thick fur and matted coats, keeping your cat’s fur neat and tidy. It is quiet (50dB) with low vibrations, so your cat can remain calm while you trim his fur and remove any mats.
These clippers can be used on cats with long or short fur. They work well for both curly and straight coats and can also be used for various breeds of dogs and rabbits. The kit also contains oil and a brush for cleaning the clippers so that you can keep them in good condition.
The Pet Republique Clippers are cordless, so you can move around easily while you trim your cat’s fur. The battery lasts up to 2.5 hours when fully charged, so you can cut your cat’s fur without worrying about running out of power.
The kit comes with four different attachment combs, so you can choose the right comb for your cat’s fur. The combs range from 3mm to 12mm, so you can trim your cat’s fur to the perfect length.
- Has a 10W motor that can trim thick fur and matted coats
- Quiet (50dB) with low vibrations
- Can be used on cats with long or short fur
- Works well for both curly and straight coats
- Suitable for cats, dogs and rabbits
- Cordless; battery lasts up to 2.5 hours when fully charged
- Comes with four different attachment combs
- Kit also contains oil and a brush for cleaning
- Great value for money
- Very thick, matted fur may dull quickly the blades
Best Clippers for Matted Cat Fur: Buyer's Guide
Types of Clippers
As any cat owner knows, there are a wide variety of cat fur clippers on the market. Here are a few key details to keep in mind when shopping for clippers:
There are several types of clippers to consider when looking for the best clippers for matted cat fur, including:
Full-size clippers are the market’s largest and most powerful option. They’re often cordless and are relatively easy to use. Usually, groomers use full-size clippers for cats with longer, thicker hair or badly matted fur.
Pet parents use the midi clipper to clip their cat’s entire coat. These are often known as midi trimmers and are popular among vets and groomers. They fall halfway between a full clipper and a mini trimmer in terms of size and power.
Mini trimmers are the smallest option on the market. They are quiet, easy to use, and are a popular go-to for groomers who work on small, harder-to-reach areas on your animals, such as their legs or tail. If your cat is particularly sensitive, this may be the better option.
Another option you might want to consider is a dematting rake. This is different than traditional clippers and can be used to remove dead and loose hair without shaving your cat. They are also used to remove difficult mats. The spaced teeth are easy to clean and perfect for long-haired pets, making them the best clippers for cats with matted fur.
There are a few dematting brushes on the market to choose from. They’re a different tool, usually with around ten teeth and sharp interior blades that help loosen and remove tangles in your cat’s hair. There are also many good quality brushes for long haired cats that don’t contain blades, but that can be used for daily grooming which will keep your pet’s fur free from tangles.
Most cat clippers have durable plastic handles and blades made of ceramic or stainless steel. Ceramic blades prevent irritation to your pet’s skin, while stainless steel blades resist rust and warping over time.
Most cat parents, groomers, and veterinarians choose clippers in sizes 10, 15, or 30. The A5 blades, also known as standard blades, are the most popular and come in 11 lengths. The smallest is size 50 (just under 1mm), and the largest is size 3 (around 1cm).
The best cat hair clippers are small, quiet, and easy to use. More often than not, the most distressing part about cutting your cat’s hair cut is the noise. Higher-quality clippers are usually the quietest, making no more than 50 decibels.
The best clippers also have rechargeable batteries that last more than three hours on each charge. Some also feature LCDs that indicate how much battery is left and give you important insights into the grooming process.
Cat clippers come in a range of different prices. The most expensive clippers on the market are around $50. Most cat hair clippers cost between $25 and $40. The price increases depending on the technological features the clippers come with and the number of blades you get.
When grooming your cat with clippers, make sure to follow best practices for holding your cat to reduce stress and harm. Cats can become anxious easily, especially when painful mats are involved. If you struggle with grooming your cat, a vet can help.
Clipper Cleaning Tips
There are a few important things to remember about cleaning your clippers, including:
- Clean the clippers after each use to prevent cat hair build-up.
- Make use of a spray-on disinfectant that cleans the blades instantly.
- Try using blade oil to maintain the clippers and prevent rust.
- Store the clippers somewhere safe and out of the way where they won’t get damaged or dirty.
- Clean the blades before you use them, especially if you’re using them on a different animal.
Best Clippers for Matted Cat Fur FAQs
Here are some commonly asked questions cat owners have about clipping their cat’s fur:
Do I need to clip my cat’s fur?
If your cat has long fur, you may want to consider clipping it to keep them comfortable in the warm weather. Clipping also reduces the amount of shedding around your home.
How often should I clip my cat’s fur?
This depends on how fast your cat’s fur grows and the climate where you live. Many owners clip their pets fur in the spring or early summer and then leave it to grow back before winter, while others clip the hair every few months.
What is the best way to hold my cat while clipping their fur?
The best way to hold your cat while clipping their fur is to put them in a grooming bag or have someone help you hold them. This will help to reduce their stress levels and prevent them from squirming around.
What are the best cat clippers to use?
The best cat clippers to use are those that are small, quiet, and easy to use. It would help if you also looked for clippers with rechargeable batteries and an LCD display.
How do I clip my cat’s fur?
First, you will want to brush your cat’s fur to remove any knots or tangles. Next, use the clippers to trim the fur around their face, legs, and belly. Be careful not to cut too close to their skin. Finally, comb their fur and trim any uneven areas.
In conclusion, make sure you take the time to find the best clippers for your pet. Whether they have long or short hair, a lot of mats, or only a few, there is an option on the market for you. The best clippers for matted cat fur is the PATPET P920 Cordless Paws & Face Grooming Trimmer these fantastic clippers are quiet and easy to use. They can be used to clip thick, long fur that may have become matted.